Effective Date: 08/12/2014
1. Information Collection and Use
We collect the following personal information from you on our website:
- Contact Information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number
- Medical Information such as health history and medical conditions
- Demographic information such as age, gender, marital status and zip code
- If you are interested in joining our network of advisors, information about your business such as company name and business type
We use this information to:
- Process your qualification status
- Fulfill your requests
- Send you requested service information
- Respond to customer service requests
- Send you a newsletter, if opted for
- Improve our Web site and marketing efforts
- Conduct research and analysis
- Display content based upon your interests
2. Information Sharing
We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as hosting our Web site and sending emails. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us and are contractually obligated to keep your information confidential.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request,
- if WFI is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information,
- to any other third party with your prior consent to do so
3. User Access and Choice
If your personal information changes, you may ask to have it corrected, updated, amended or removed by emailing our Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below. If you no longer desire our service, please contact us directly. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter, we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. Out of respect for your privacy, you may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or you can contact us at email@example.com
4. Tracking Technologies / Cookies
Technologies such as: cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by WFI. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. These cookies are deployed to help streamline the use of our Web site and remember certain information about you to make navigation easier. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser's "help" directory. If you reject cookies, you may still use our site, but your ability to use some areas of our site, such as filling out forms, will be limited.
Analytics / Log Files
As is true of most web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users' movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We do not link this automatically-collected data to personally identifiable information.
3rd Party Tracking
Behavioral Targeting / Re-Targeting
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter information on our online forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Additional Information
Links to 3rd Party Sites
Changes To This Policy
7. Contact Us
6001 Broken Sound Pkwy
Boca Raton, FL 33487
Local Phone: 561-862-0244
Client Services - email@example.com
Terms of Service
Website Purpose and Company Services. The content on the Website is for informational, educational and illustrative purposes only and may not be intended for consumers in every state. In addition, please review our licensing page for further details or contact us with any questions as Welcome Funds Inc services may not be available in all states.
Policy Appraisal/Website Qualification Form. Welcome Funds Inc's Policy Appraisal/Website Qualification Analysis Form ("Qualification Analysis") and any and all corresponding conclusions shall be used for informational, illustrative and educational purposes only. No representation or warranty, expressed or implied, is made as to the accuracy, reliability or completeness of the results of the Qualification Analysis or any assumption on which any conclusion is based. The Qualification Analysis is an initial, simplified, automated proprietary analysis that is based upon the experience and industry knowledge of Welcome Funds Inc - it is not a contract, prediction of offers, offer to purchase a policy, or a solicitation to buy or to sell a security. Accurate age, health and policy information is required to yield the most beneficial results and it is recommended to contact Welcome Funds Inc to discuss and determine the applicability, if any, of such results. The Qualification Analysis is not intended to replace the submission of a policy to the market and actual contingent offers received may be more or less favorable than those indicated. Welcome Funds Inc is not liable for any action or inaction taken by any party who is relying on the results of the Qualification Analysis to determine his/its decisions. All parties accessing the Website and who receive results from the Qualification Analysis assume full responsibility of its use; any loss or damage suffered as a result of reliance, in any capacity, on such results is the full responsibility of the parties accessing the Qualification Analysis. Welcome Funds Inc has no responsibility to update the Qualification Analysis for events and circumstances that occur subsequent to the date the Qualification Analysis is generated.
No Representation, Liability or Advice; Other Considerations. Welcome Funds Inc issues no
representation or warranty about the suitability or completeness of the information contained on the
Website and any corresponding conclusion or calculation derived thereof - all information, including the
results of the Qualification Analysis, is provided "as is" and may contain technical inaccuracies and/or
typographical errors. You assume full responsibility for any loss or damage, including without
limitation special, indirect or consequential, suffered as a result of reliance on any such information
and Welcome Funds Inc is not liable for any action or inaction taken by you to determine your decisions.
Welcome Funds Inc disclaims all warranties and conditions of any kind regarding such information,
including all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose
- nothing on this Website creates an express or implied contract. No case study, analysis, valuation or
recommendation related to any life insurance policy can replace the actual submission of such policy to
the market. Welcome Funds Inc issues no representation or warranty as to whether a particular policy
will generate any contingent settlement offers or ultimately be sold. In addition, Welcome Funds Inc
does not purchase policies, is under no obligation to ultimately find a buyer of the policy owner's
policy and is not responsible for any breach committed by a buyer if one is identified. Furthermore,
Welcome Funds Inc does not provide any advice regarding whether or not to proceed with the life or
viatical settlement transaction - the policy owner shall reach his/its own decision and is free to
accept or decline any contingent offer. Once the viatical or life settlement transaction is completed
and the applicable rescission period has ended, the policy owner, insured and any beneficiaries
previously designated by the policy owner have no right to the death benefit of the applicable life
insurance policy or policies that have been sold, unless stated otherwise in the viatical or life
Welcome Funds Inc is not providing any financial, legal, tax, investment, securities or accounting advice whatsoever and such advice should be obtained from the appropriate parties to determine, in part, any impact to estate plans, tax returns, government benefits and entitlements, availability and cost of other or replacement insurance and whether selling the existing life insurance policy is more beneficial than other potentially available options.
Additional Limitations. The policy owner, and not Welcome Funds Inc, is fully responsible for the timely payment of any and all premiums due for the policy that is the subject of the viatical or life settlement transaction, on the applicable due dates, up until change of ownership of the policy occurs. The policy owner, not Welcome Funds Inc, assumes sole responsibility if the policy lapses for such lack of timely payment of any and all premiums. In addition, Welcome Funds Inc is not a life expectancy provider or firm that produces life expectancy reports; does not determine life expectancies; is not a medical or mortality expert; does not provide mortality or medical reviews; does not evaluate the health of the insured; is not responsible for the conclusions of life expectancy providers and/or firms that produce life expectancy reports; and does not have the expertise to dispute the conclusions of life expectancy providers and/or firms that produce life expectancy reports. The insured may live longer or shorter than any life expectancy projection or estimate.
Real Stories. Real stories are based on the internal files of actual viatical and/or life settlement transactions conducted by Welcome Funds Inc since 2003. All transaction data, dollar amounts and health conditions are accurate to the best of our knowledge. The specific characteristics of each case, including but not limited to the names and images of our clients, have been changed to protect their privacy. Real stories are not a contract, prediction of offers, offer to purchase a policy or a solicitation to buy or sell a security. Please be advised that past performance is not indicative of future results as each case is different. Actual viatical/life settlement market bidding results may be more or less favorable than those indicated and the nothing is intended to replace the actual submission of a policy to the market. Market conditions and offers vary and you are advised to seek the services of an experienced life settlement broker like Welcome Funds Inc to ensure that fair market values are obtained.
Available Documents. Permission to use documents, including but not limited to press releases, FAQs and reports/commentaries from the Website is granted, provided, that (1) the copyright notice below appears in and/or all copies; (2) use of such documents is for personal and non-commercial use only and shall not be copied, posted or made accessible on any network computer or transmitted via in any electronic or written medium; and (3) no modifications of any documents are made. Use for any other purpose is expressly prohibited by law, and may result in severe civil and criminal penalties. Violators will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible. Documents specified above do not include the design or layout of the Website or any other owned, operated, licensed or controlled site by Welcome Funds Inc. Elements of the Website are protected by trade dress, trademark, unfair competition, and other laws and may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part. No logo, graphic, sound or image from the Website or any Welcome Funds Inc website may be copied or retransmitted unless expressly permitted by Welcome Funds Inc.
Copyright Notice. Copyright © 2000-2013 Welcome Funds, Inc, 6001 Broken Sound Parkway, Boca Raton, FL 33487, U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Service Marks. Welcome Life®, Life Settlements. Simplified® and PolicyTrac® are registered service marks of Welcome Life Financial Group, LLC.
Trademarks. The names of third party organizations, firms, companies and their corresponding products and services mentioned and/or referenced herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Rights Reserved. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by Welcome Funds Inc. In addition, Welcome Funds Inc reserves the right to change the terms of service at any time and from time to time by revising these terms and conditions. You are responsible for regularly reviewing these terms of service.
Neither Welcome Funds, nor its employees, affiliates &/or independent contractors are tax advisors.
Therefore, it is strongly recommended that all clients consult a financial advisor, certified public
accountant or an attorney regarding the potential tax, financial, and insurance considerations of any
Every consumer should be aware of the following considerations before entering into a life settlement transaction:
- There may be possible alternatives to selling a life insurance policy. This may include the option of an accelerated death benefit or policy loans offered by the policy owner's life insurance company.
- The sale of a life insurance policy may result in tax consequences. Some or all of the proceeds of a life settlement may be taxable under federal income tax and/or state franchise and income tax laws. Welcome Funds nor its employees, affiliates &/or independent contractors are tax advisors. Therefore, it is strongly recommended that all clients consult a financial advisor, certified public accountant or an attorney regarding the potential tax, financial, investment and insurance ramifications of any settlement.
- Selling a policy will reduce the insured's insurable capacity as the sold policy will remain in force and may affect the insured's ability to obtain additional life insurance coverage in the future.
- No beneficiary named by the policy owner as a result of a life settlement shall receive any insurance proceeds (the death benefit) from the life insurance policy that is sold.
- If the policy being considered for a life settlement is a joint policy or provides coverage for family members or other individuals, then there may be a loss of coverage for those family members or other individuals with a life settlement.
- Life settlement proceeds could be subject to the claims of creditors.
- After entering into a life settlement contract, the seller may have a limited time period that will be specified within the life settlement contract to rescind the transaction (rescission period). Welcome Funds recommends that the seller read the life settlement contract and consult with his/her financial and/or legal advisor prior to signing it. Rescission provisions, if any, vary based on state law and the life settlement contract and are subject to repayment of all proceeds received from the sale of your life insurance policy (plus any cost of premiums paid by the provider within such rescission period).
- Entering into a life settlement contract may cause other rights or benefits, including conversion rights and waiver of premium benefits, which may exist under the policy or a certificate of a group life insurance policy to be forfeited by the policy owner and/or the insured. Assistance should be sought from a professional financial advisor.
- Welcome Funds and the referring producer will be compensated for services performed as a life settlement broker for the sale of a life insurance policy. Please refer to Welcome Funds' life settlement evaluation form for additional information addressing compensation.
- All medical, financial or personal information solicited or obtained by a life settlement provider, broker and/or referring registered representative about an insured, including the insured's identity or the identities of the insured's family members, spouse, or significant other may be disclosed as necessary to effect the life settlement between the policy owner and life settlement provider. The information may be provided to the financing entity that purchases the policy or provides funds for purchase. Therefore, it is important to review the life settlement contract to see if and when permission to share this information may be requested for renewal.
- It is in the best interest of consumers who wish to sell their life insurance policies to have a recent physical examination since an accurate life expectancy is predicted based on current medical records.
- The life settlement provider may assign or transfer its interests in the settled policy to a third party.
- Information regarding the policy owner's and insured's identity and insured's medical condition will 1) be shared with the insurer that issued the life insurance policy that is the subject of the life settlement transaction; and 2) shall be available to each subsequent owner of such life insurance policy.
- In order to enter into the formal sale of an insurance policy, consumers will complete an application, including specific disclosures, issued by the life settlement provider. Any person who knowingly presents false information in an application for a life settlement is guilty of a crime subject to penalty, including but not limited to fines and imprisonment.
- Welcome Funds urges participating referral broker dealer firms, producers and their clients to be proactive in educating themselves about life settlements and the corresponding tax, financial, investment and insurance consequences.
- Welcome Funds issues no guarantee that any insurance policy will be sold.
- Welcome Funds and the referring registered representative or producer, if any, represents only the policy owner or seller and shall act according to his/her instructions and in their best interest notwithstanding the manner in which Welcome Funds and the referring registered representative or producer, if any, is compensated.